Nussbaum Family Law LLC mediates and represents clients in Norfolk County, Massachusetts. Located in Sharon, the firm serves many clients from cities and towns such as Canton, Brookline, Braintree, Dedham, Dover, Foxboro, Franklin, Medfield, Millis, Milton, Needham Heights, Stoughton, Walpole, Wellesley, and Westwood. When local residents need help with mediation or representation in family law matters, they can turn to Nussbaum Family Law LLC for assistance.
Our practice provides legal services to those who are going through family-related legal issues. For any family law matter such as divorce, modification, or a prenuptial or postnuptial agreement, Norfolk County residents put their trust in us. If you have questions or concerns about our family law services, call our offices to learn how we can help.
How We Help Families in Norfolk County, Massachusetts
The services we offer depend on each family’s unique circumstances. We aim to keep our clients out of court by resolving conflict through negotiated settlements, collaborative law, and mediation services. These methods cost less, take less time, and are less confrontational than litigation. If an out-of-court resolution is not a viable option, our firm provides strategic and skilled negotiation-based representation to achieve your interests and goals. We also have expertise in handling more complex Probate and Family Court issues and have years of experience with appellate representation.
What is Collaborative Law?
Collaborative law is an alternative dispute resolution method to help clients resolve their family law issues outside of court. The parties, their lawyers, and an expert neutral facilitator sign a participation agreement committing to resolving the dispute through the collaborative process and not through the court system. They then work together with their lawyers and the facilitator to reach a mutually acceptable resolution.
Using collaborative law has many benefits over the traditional court process. It is a quicker and more cost-effective resolution than litigation, and it allows the parties to craft a resolution that is tailored to their specific needs and circumstances. The collaborative law process is also more amicable and less adversarial, which can be especially important in family law cases where the parties may need to continue to co-parent their children and deal with one another in the foreseeable future.
The Most Common Family Law Issues in Norfolk
We help clients with a wide range of legal issues related to family relationships and Massachusetts family law. Some of the more common cases we help clients with include:
- Divorce: Our firm will work with you to file a divorce petition depending on your individual needs and your particular situation. We strongly believe that peaceful resolution of divorce through an uncontested joint petition is usually but not always the best way forward for parties seeking a divorce.
- Child custody and parenting plans: Massachusetts law on child custody is based on the standard of the “best interest of the child.” We can help you craft a parenting plan that works for your family and is in your children’s best interests, and when appropriate, will work with parenting and child specialist professionals who can help you reach an agreement
- Child support: Our legal team will advise you on child support issues and advocate for the most beneficial application of the child support guidelines to meet your and your children’s needs
- Alimony: We’ll set out for you the different forms of alimony and advocate for the most advantageous application of the alimony laws depending on your circumstances.
- Property division: In Massachusetts, the Probate Court divides marital assets based on the standard called “equitable division.” Our firm will help you through the process of valuation and the equitable division of all of your assets.
- Prenuptial and Postnuptial Agreements: We offer skillful assistance in negotiating and drafting prenuptial and postnuptial agreements and representation in disputes over prenuptial agreements.
- LGBTQ+ Divorce and Family Law Services: Although accorded the same rights as straight couples, there are special considerations that can apply to LGBTQ+ families, including hostile laws in other jurisdictions. We help you address potential issues, such as second parent adoptions, and chart the best path forward.
- Paternity/Children Born Outside of Marriage: We’ll help you navigate the court system to establish paternity and obtain orders regarding custody, parenting time, child support, and medical insurance
How Mediation Can Benefit Families in Norfolk
Mediation is a process where a neutral, third-party mediator assists clients dealing with family law issues to reach a mutually acceptable agreement. The mediator helps clients communicate and negotiate and provides information about legal processes and standards but does not make decisions for them. The clients have control over the outcome and can craft an agreement that is tailored to their specific needs and circumstances.
Beth M. Nussbaum is an experienced attorney/mediator who regularly handles the full range of family law matters. Whether you are looking for a mediator, a mediation support representation, or have questions about the alternative dispute resolution process, she will provide you with comprehensive information and options.
Contact Our Norfolk County Massachusetts Family Law and Mediation Firm
Nussbaum Family Law LLC offers experience and dedication to help you resolve your family law issues. Attorney/mediator Beth M. Nussbaum understands the complexities and difficult emotions involved in these types of cases and can provide you with compassionate, informed, and effective representation. Contact Nussbaum Family Law LLC today.